Monday, August 08, 2005

Case

While the computer case has been sitting in my house I decided to give you more details on its construction. I started out with a thin piece of plywood I found in the garage. I placed the motherboard on top of the board where I wanted it to be. I then took a thin finishing nail and a hammer and tapped marks into the board where the screw holes were. Next I drilled out the holes, added a touch of wood glue, and screwed in the motherboard screws that come with any standard case. That left me with this.


I then cut 3 pieces of 1x1 lumber for the 3 corners. This will hold the top on. You can see 2 of them in place in the picture above. Next I needed somewhere to place the hard drive.

I attached 2 of the 3.5 to 5.25 adapters on each side of the drive. I then screwed it into the bottom and the pole sticking up. It worked rather well.

Since I had it all apart I decided it looked a bit bad in the car since I cleaned everything else all up. I decided to paint it black to match my Sub box. I picked up a can of flat black spray paint.

Here it is with its top on with a fresh coat of paint.





With the motherboard installed:




And everything back together!

If you look on the right side there in a chunk out of the side board. This will be the slot that the trunk lid hinge can pass through when using the trunk. Before there was no board here. I added it to protect the computer from any rain if had to open the trunk. Before the it was in the back of the trunk so it didn't matter.

Overall it was extremely easy to build. If you want any more advise or have any questions feel free to ask!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home