Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Part 1 - What is a CarPc?

I have received a few requests over the past few days asking my to explain further what a car computer can do. I decided to start a series of posts titled "10 Steps to Understanding Car Computers." I hope over the next 10 posts I can explain in detail what you can do with a carpc and how all the pieces work together. I will also attempt to explain why I have made the choices I have.

Why?

Why would I want a car computer? Well many reasons:
  • Mp3s
  • Movies
  • GPS Navigation
  • Weather Information
  • Traffic Information
  • Games
  • Emulators
  • Web Browsing
  • Phone book
  • Email
  • Am/FM/Sat Radio
  • ......
As you can see the possibilities are endless. Everything you can run on a standard desktop can be done on a car computer. It is still deep down a standard windows, Linux, or mac computer.


Over the next few days I plan on explaining many more topics that will help all of you that are new to the car computer world better understand what I am doing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am posting on Jon's CarPC blog.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Jon Heizer said...

Thanks for visiting Andr... I mean Al

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home