Thursday, September 15, 2005

Bluetooth Problems Sovled

Before the live demo on Monday, I put in a few hours trying to figure out how to make the bluetooth head set work properly. I got mad a few days ago when I tried to use the microphone with Google Talk. The other person's voice would not come out of the head set. Instead I was forced to use the computer speakers.

After a bit of googling I came across this Article. If you read down to the second method it explains how to update the driver for a device. I went to device manager and selected the bluetooth radio. Sure enough, it was using the default bluetooth device driver from Microsoft. As soon as I clicked the update the driver, the Linksys one was in the list of available drivers presented to me.

After updating the driver the entire interface for controlling the bluetooth dongle changed. It all finally works! It was very easy to fix once I knew what the problem was. Hopefully you all will not find yourself in this same situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home